The purpose of the unit is to provide protection to the RF power amplifiers and/or radios due to damage to antenna systems or connection to inappropriate antennas. This can be used as a standalone product or in conjunction with our tunable filter and/or fixed filters.
- Blocking Switches
- Switches are available in 4x4, 6x6, 10x10 and 12x12 configuration
- Configurations up to 24x24 can be developed on request.
- Latching and non-latching switches available (Latching is standard)
- 2 –28V operating voltage
- SMA input and TNC output connectors. Swappable on request.
- Features front panel control, RSxxx USB and Ethernet communication
- Frequency range DC -26.5GHz
- Power rating 5kW @ 1-100MHz, 1kW @ 1-1Ghz
- Suitable for land, sea and air operation
- Option of 3103 or 3106 stainless steel housing
The system is based on a distributed module concept permitting the user to configure the system so as to provide a means for the communications system to be in different locations there by reducing the possibility of the communication system being disabled due to damage in any one location.
- A range of modules are available so as to permit a system developer to configure a robust system that can handle radio systems covering the following ranges.
- For other ranges up to 26.5 G Hz contact factory.
- Matrix size up to 256 x 256 switches
- Low power switches - 10W
- Medium power switches - 400W
- High power switches – 5kW
- Power rating based on the HF signals derating at higher frequencies, refer factory for full specifications.
- For extra high power switches contact factory.
- Communication between the switching units & intelligent modules
- Dual Ethernet for R.F. switches
- Ethernet or USB between smart modules for control and fault reporting
- USB and RS232 (DB9) ports front panel access
- For other protocols, consult factory
- Multi user access to system via Ethernet.
- Local user via Ethernet, RS232 or USB.
- Provide locking system to prevent critical system from being changed.
- Help files to assist users to configure systems.
- Training system included to assist in training new operators.
- Recording a range of activity logs.
- Provide a range of display options for showing current system configuration.
- Rear test access for each module.
- BIT testing of each module.
- Remote testing of power and or phase (option).
- Diagnostic routines based on system configuration.
- Alarms provided for system module and sub-system failures.
- Automated reconfiguration provided.
- Power requirements for matrix switches:
- 110 V 60 Hz
- 240 V 50 Hz
- 24-28 V D.C.
- 48 V D.C.
- For other voltages consult factory.
- Power loads consult factory.